Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More Controversy on Fillings Mercury Content

According to an article on the Science Daily website, old fillings do not appear to have the toxic compound that new fillings do. The article goes on to state that "the surfaces of metal fillings seem to lose up to 95 percent of their mercury over time. Loss of potentially toxic mercury from amalgam may be due to evaporation, exposure to some kinds of dental hygiene products, exposure to certain foods, or other factors." Curiously, the possibility of ingestion is not listed as a factor. One would think that mercury would be ingested before it would evaporate. Read the article, draw your own conclusions.